First off, WATCH THIS VIDEO. Then read on…
I had driven by this gas station a number of times during my visit to Bend, OR. It was always jam packed and I kept noticing little things. The attendants dressed definitely (one was wearing a bow tie!). At one point, while I was at the adjacent stop light, I saw an attendant give a female client a flower as she laughed and smiled.
This is a GAS STATION! We’re talking petroleum here. Almost everybody needs it and we choose our vendors almost always based upon two things – location and cost. It’s a COMMODITY.
So I decided to drive 10min out of my way (which is a long way in the small city of Bend) to check it out. There I met Kyel, and here’s what I learned:
- The employees are legitimately happy to be there – and it shows
- They great you with a huge smile, ask your name, ask you how your day is going – EVERY time
- Every client gets their windows washed – no charge
- Every client gets their oil checked – no charge
- Every dog gets a treat – no charge
- I didn’t even look at the gas prices because I was so overwhelmed with the experience (don’t tell my wife)
- I will go back across town to fill my tank for the remainder of my stay in Bend…LOYALTY
I’m sure there’s much more this business does at the customer level that I didn’t notice upon a single visit. The point is that, amongst an ocean of options, they differentiate themselves with SERVICE. Price comes secondary.
How do you differentiate yourself as a fitness business? How is your CLIENT EXPERIENCE special and unique?
If you do not know, you better get to it. If you need help, call Kyel…or us.